You may have some questions and wonder if you would even be interested in coming, so below is a little outline of what one of the days might look like. However, much of discussion will be student driven which means new idea paths could be paved.
- Introduction of a Global Topic (this could be in another country or right in our own neighborhood)
- First Week: The Hunger Games teamed up with World Food Programme and Feeding America in their fight against World Hunger - how is using The Hunger Games effective? How can you help?
- Discussion/Thoughts/Questions/Ideas of how you can help others and become an active Global Citizen (a.k.a: finding your inner Katniss)
- First Week: Feed a hungry child - the World Food Programme and Feeding America are thankful to have an anonymous donor who will supply a nutritious meal to a child in the developing world - they just need your help to do it. Every participant in the first session will be able to help and feed a child in their name. PLEASE BRING YOUR CHROMEBOOK.
- Begin preview of The Hunger Games movie. We will start with the first movie of the series and pick up where we leave off each week. If students are enjoying this series, we will continue with the rest of the movies.
Keep in mind, this is every Thursday SMART lunch starting at 11:15. You can eat in the media center while we have discussion and watch the movie. If you aren't able to come for the entire time or every Thursday, no problem - just come to what you can.